We Mind & Kelly Matters are looking to expand our current team of bank counsellors. This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis. The nature of Bank work is such that the hours of work, and number of clients will be at the Charity’s discretion and will depend on the number of referrals. We Mind & Kelly Matters does not guarantee to provide any minimum amount of work in any given week or month of the year. Bank staff also have the right to decline any hours offered.
Our main counselling work is providing one to one counselling and psychotherapy services for a range of mental health issues and bereavement grief work, predominantly after suicide. We Mind & Kelly Matters works hard to maintain a “no waiting list” policy. Clients referred wait no longer than 7-10 days to be allocated a counsellor and begin therapy. Support is free to all clients, following a clinical assessment. Sessions are open ended and are reviewed on an individual basis.
The service offers both face: face and online counselling, bank counsellors must be prepared to offer support in a setting agreed directly with the client, whether this is a client’s home, or a bank workers counselling base.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Diploma/Degree in Psychotherapy/Counselling and BACP/UKCP or similar registration
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience post qualification
- Experience of direct and online counselling work using Zoom/Teams or telephone work
- To be flexible and adaptable, willing to respond quickly to organisational requests and client’s therapeutic needs in a changeable environment
- Experience of working with clients bereaved by suicide, mental health, and complex grief
- To contribute to regular reviews of clients with clinical lead
- To maintain records of the client attendance and provide progress overview
- To complete safety/crisis plans if appropriate and adhere to WM&KM safeguarding policies
- To contribute positively to internal peer support supervision
- To ensure professional and ethical practice is adhered to.
- To be fully insured, have supervision in place and provide DBS and other relevant detailsIf you would like to discuss the position, please call/text on 07720 231660.
If shortlisted, candidates will be required to attend an online interview. Please provide a CV and covering letter to email@example.com