The Voice Witness Care Team provide a single point of contact for victim and witnesses involved in the Criminal Justice System. In this rewarding role you will provide contact, primarily by telephone, to victims and witnesses of crime; offering support and guidance as you work to ensure witness attendance at court.
You will be required to:
- Keep witnesses updated throughout the prosecution process by providing information and support.
- Ensure the attendance of witnesses at court by providing practical support, including travel arrangements, childcare, and other appropriate measures for those required to attend.
- Undertake initial witness contact by telephone and maintain regular direct contact to provide up-to-date and relevant information.
- Carry out appropriate needs assessment, record the results of the assessment and provide a tailored response to every victim and witnesses.
- Maintain accurate case management records using dedicated IT systems
- Facilitate referrals, where appropriate, to other service providers on behalf of the victim or witness.
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, demonstrating an ability to work flexibly, using initiative where required and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Complete administrative tasks to ensure the efficient management of each case.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, adhering to deadlines and delivering results through effective planning and organisation of own workload, demonstrating the ability to prioritise and manage demands, even under pressure.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to change in the working environment by showing a willingness to adapt and be flexible in changing circumstances, seeking advice from others when change occurs and maintaining work standards as circumstances change.
- Have an appreciation of the importance of confidentiality and safe working practice.
- Demonstrate a level of awareness of equality and diversity issues appropriate to this role.
- Have excellent communication skills written and oral.
- Bring previous experience of working within a statutory, voluntary, community, private social care or customer service environment dealing with members of the public, successfully managing conflict.
- Provide assistance to other Voice teams upon reasonable request from management.
You can view the full Job Description here